> "Stephen" == Stephen J Turnbull
Uwe Brauer writes:
> - xemacs needs ages to start, I first started with my init files,
> but after a couple of minutes I killed it and restarted with
> -vanilla, it still needs a long time.
That sounds like a network timeout.
(1) Make sure you have dbus running (sorry, I don't know
about dbus, I just know that GTK3 wants it).
Hm but I am using GTK2.
(2) Try starting up with your network disabled (ifconfig eth0 down,
for example; restart with ifconfig eth0 up).
I tried that
ifconfig eth0 down
ifconfig eth0 up
Indeed xemacs starts faster.
- However the minibuffer is huge.
- I cannot resize the xemacs window (frame) vertically, while
I can resize it horizontally.
- Configurations in my .Xdefault file seems to be ignored.
- When I start with my init files, it finally crashes, I can
provide the lisp backtrace.
- when I try to run
core then nothing is found.
I recall that in Debian/Ubuntu this is now disabled per default.
Anybody knows about it?
I am very excited about the BIDI support and would love to get it
Besides I have to say: Jeff, this is really a great leap
forward! Thanks very much for providing a Xemacs with pango
support! Maybe in the not too far future it could be included in
XEmacs-Beta mailing list