> Regarding Re: Release plans; Mats Lidell <matsl(a)xemacs.org>
>>>>> Stephen J Turnbull <stephen(a)xemacs.org>
Stephen> But to me "producing releases" is not a goal in
IMHO we don't need a five year plan at the moment. We
just need to plan the very next steps. My logic goes
The facts are that we have a repo with an almost done
GPLv3 or later that I would like to get out because I
think it will be beneficial for future development. I
hope you agree here. This is more or less the current
beta but with a license change. There are no bug fixes
or enhancement there. Only the license change.
So I am confused now. Do you mean the new release would be
fully GPLv3 compliant or not?
What's about 21.4 then?
I am asking this not only as a secret addict of 21.4, who I
sill am, but because of the package system.
I honestly can't wait to upgrade at least two packages.
- auctex. The 11.85 GPLv3 version has some important
bug fixes. Since I am the auctex pkg maintainer I
stick to the official version but I am annoyed by its
bugs. (I hope David is not going to read this :-D)
- reftex. Here I couldn't stand the attic reftex
version of the official xemacs pkg and use a private version.
Now I admit my ignorance again in these license matters, but
it was my understanding that an upgrade of a pkg should wait
till we have sorted out the GPLv3 mess for Xemacs core and I
thought this was for 21.4 and 21.5.
But now what is the matter with older Xemacs releases: such 21.4
(and even 21.1 we you like)???
I like the idea of changing the version numbers for the
GPLv3 compliant versions.
 call me masochistic if you want
XEmacs-Beta mailing list