This release disables support for syntax text properties. This vastly
improves performance when editing large files - especially large Java files.
font-lock performance is somewhat improved also.
* XEmacs 21.4.9 "Informed Management (Windows )" is released.
"Informed Management" is the ninth in the OXYMORON series.
XEmacs 21.4.9 "Informed Management (Windows )" is the fifth in a
series of MS-Windows focused releases of XEmacs. The intent of this release
series is to provide source and binary distributions of the XEmacs
21.4.x series with any additional fixes or enhancements necessary to
provide a pleasurable editing experience on the MS-Windows platform.
Source is available via cvs at cvs.xemacs.org
. This release has the
release tag r21-4-9-2-windows and the most current snapshot will always
have the branch tag windows-21-4.
The binaries for both cygwin and native MS-Windows are available via
the XEmacs netinstaller which can be found at
This version of the
installer is 184.108.40.206.2.11.
Brief summary of Changes relative to vanilla 21.4.9
- Fix layout of widgets so that the search dialog works.
- Fix focus capture of widgets under X.
- Make syntax text property support configurable.
- Fix revert-without-query.
- Handle leak fix from Mike Alexander.