I've caught up my workspace with release documentation to the present,
and fixed up my release scripts for a new workstation. I expect to do
a beta release within a couple of days to catch up the current beta to
the current tip, which seems quite stable. Then another at the end of
August or mid-September (depending on status of pending projects at
the end of August).
If you've got something done that's definitely done, feel free to push
or submit it now.
I will take care of reviewing, committing, and pushing already
submitted patches for the next beta. Requests are welcome and will be
given priority, but I'm not going to hold this beta for anything less
than a crash or data corruption fix. Among other things, I'm out of
practice and I wouldn't be surprised if quality of the release process
is less than industrial-strength. So a plan for another beta real
soon "whether we really need one or not". :-)
XEmacs-Beta mailing list