The recent added ido mode have a annoying bug when one try to find-file
from history filenames.
Prepare a ido history by following steps.
1. make following directory structure
2. run xemacs
3. enable ido-mode
4. open file ~/workspace/foo/kakabaa.txt
5. kill buffer and exit xemacs
steps to reproduce:
1. run xemacs
2. make sure the pwd is not ~/workspace/foo/
3. enable iso-mode if it was not enabled by default.
4. C-x C-f kaka and wait for a second so that ido-mode will search the file
history to provide a list of file to complete.
ido-mode should provide a suggestion in minibuffer looks like with point at
(Find File): ~/workspace/foo/kaka<P>[baa.txt] [foo.txt]
This way, it allows me to to narraw down the suggested list by type a
additional letter "b" or "f".
minibuffer with issue
ido-mode provided suggestion in minibuffer looks like with point at <P>:
(Find File): ~/workspace/foo/<P>kaka[baa.txt] [foo.txt]
As we can see that if I type a additional letter "b" or "f", I will
wrong filename bkaka or fkaka.
XEmacs-Beta mailing list