Gerd Boerrigter <gerd(a)boerrigter.net> writes:
Dear Bug Team!
I installed mail-lib 1.51 from pre-release. And it has a problem
parsing (at least from) headers with Gnus:
One mail address has the from line:
From: "1&1 Puretec GmbH" <no.reply(a)einsundeins.com>
but in the summary buffer it shows just '"1' as the name. In the
Article buffer everything shows fine. I installed 1.49 again and it
worked there as expected, showing: '"1&1 Puretec GmbH" <'. It
be cool, if it would work for this kind of headers again.
I could not reproduce this with 1.49 vs 1.51, but I could with 1.47 vs
1.51 so I assume you reinstalled 1.47 and not 1.49. The patch that
causes this is the following. I'll suggest something and report it is
a Emacs bug and incorporate the resulting patch. Thanks.
date: 2001/11/16 19:54:57; author: rms; state: Exp; lines: +10 -3
(mail-extr-voodoo): Treat a number as a word
if it doesn't make sense as anything else.
(mail-extr-leading-garbage): Match non-word characters only.
- (purecopy (format "[^%s]+" mail-extr-first-letters)))
+(defconst mail-extr-leading-garbage "\\W+")