>> "HF" == Hauke Fath <hf(a)spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
On 2019-07-01 22:12, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> Dear Bug Team!
> When trying to access the menu the following error pops up.
By all means you are right. Must have been in a hurry.
Here are the steps to reproduce the error.
1. Suppose you have the latest auctex installed via the package
system (that should be 1.58 which corresponds to AUCTeX version
2. You want to install the last official auctex version which
supports xemacs, that is 11.92. Although I am the package manager
for the official auctex package I still have to uploaded it,
because frankly I am not sure whether the package system still
works. The auctex team provides you, via their own Makefile, the
possibility to generate a xemacs package (which however should go
to $HOME/.xemacs/xemacs-package and not in the official xemacs
package directory. I have generated such a package and could send
it to you.
3. You start xemacs 21.4.22: xemacs -q
4. You load a file which just contains the line
5. You open/generate a latex file. (Please check that C-h v
AUCTeX-version returns either 11.90 (or 11.92, if you use the
package I can send you off list.))
6. Once you have done all that, type some text and use the menu to
save the file as (C-x C-w would be the key strokes. The
key strokes work) the error should pop up.
Please let me know whether you want auctex 11.92 as a package.