Mats Lidell wrote:
>>>>> Stephen wrote:
>> Let's focus on our vision and our goals instead.
Stephen> Well, what are they?
Well, the vision seems hard. Although that is probably the most
important thing but let's drop that for a while and look into goals
and plans. Maybe the vision materializes after looking into the
details for a while ...
My suggestion for a plan would be this:
- Release 21.5 as stable (Do as little as possible to get there.)
- Go GPLv3 for the next release after that.
- Select a portable windows system to be used on all platforms. (So
little time to support all so we need to focus on one plus we
- Better, faster, support for parsing to improve font-locking
three plus from me :)
Saw it was already discussed last summer.
Maybe it's time to do it now.
Come upon hunting bug 443 which is caused by crossing
First a larger part is marked by `parse-partial-sexp'
relying at string-syntax-detecting, afterwards
detecting comments via regexp takes a part from it.
BTW both proceedings are error-prone IMO.
To start with the more easy and obvious: comments can't
be detected securely with regexps (because they may
nest). A function is needed - a beginning is delivered
by comment-atpt already (designed to cope with nesting
As a rewrite of fontifying is a larger project, I
suggest a launchpad account for it.
better code browsing, (This is a code editor, right!?)
- Faster release schedule (Move in smaller steps.)
- Clear plan so we can help out and focus on the next
XEmacs-Beta mailing list