Hm, it looks like my main response didn't get thru (at least, I
see at at news.gmane.org
), though a postscript did. Here it is again:
Yeah, I'm not sure what happened. I had been expecting a response but
didn't see any, now today it looks like 3 showed up. Either they got
stuck someplace or I've lost too many brain cells along the way.
Maybe a bit of both. :-)
Yes, this fixes the hang, and the diary entry is almost correctly
inserted into my diary file. There is one remaining problem: the
entry is inserted at the end of the diary file without a newline,
and that appears to cause `diary' to hang. It looks like this
might be a problem with `make-diary-entry', as even if I add a
newline to the string passed to that, I still get a file that don't
end in a newline. (A space gets added after the newline.) And of
course `diary' shouldn't hang if given the non-newline file.
A work around is to add an empty
at the end of the file.
I'll take a look at this later. I've got to head out of town on Wed
for 2 weeks. I don't think I'll be able to do much before then, so
I'll try to track this down once I get back.
XEmacs-Beta mailing list