>>>> "Martin" == Martin Buchholz
>>>> "Re: 21.0 vs 21.2"
>>>> Fri, 1 Jan 1999 19:10:17 -0800 (PST)
Perhaps I need a little remedial CVS tutorial.
1. Before doing that I can look see how big the tarball is and choose
accordingly where to put it.
2. When it arrives I can check the signature to tell me the file is
uncorrupted since someone I might know signed it.
3. Before unpacking it I can see what is there and where it will go.
4. I can choose to put it where it won't clobber something that I
already have and that works (or least that I know something about).
5. If I run out of space unpacking it I can without too much trouble
try again someplace else.
Martin> I recommend CVS, though.
Martin> cvs -z9 -d :pserver:xemacs＠cvs.xemacs.org:/usr/CVSroot
Martin> checkout -R r21.2.8 xemacs
At minimum, how can I tell what I'm getting in for. How can I tell
how big it is and where will it land. How can I specify where it will
Where should I go to learn how to do these things?