My immediate time crunch is over; if it would help
discussion/ decision/integration, post this and I'll get to
work on splitting it as I did with littlefix (I think it
was). It will take some time, but I can post pieces as I go.
It was probably `lilfix' ... And that was named even *before* I moved to
BTW This one is called `fixup' and it's fitting since it's much bigger than
Anyway, I'm thinking of committing it on a branch. At this point it
compiles and runs on Windows, and compiles and at least builds OK under
Cygwin+X+GTK, but I need to do some more testing -- esp. on the font-lock
and new-text-property stuff -- and that will entail some code changes, so if
you're going to extract piecemeal it would be best for you to extract from
the latest code on the branch and in an order I will present you, according
to the most stable first.
I'll also need some help testing on GTK platforms, until (unless) I figure
out how to get GTK v1 working on Cygwin -- I can compile OK but can't run.