* XEmacs 21.4.5 "Civil Service (Windows)" is released.
"Civil Service (Windows)" is the sixth in the OXYMORON series.
XEmacs 21.4.5 "Civil Service (Windows)" is the first in a series of
MS-Windows focused releases of XEmacs. The intent of this release
series is to provide source and binary distributions of the XEmacs
21.4.x series with any additional fixes or enhancements necessary to
provide a pleasurable editing experience on the MS-Windows platform.
Source will be available via cvs when our cvs server returns. This
release will have the release tag r21-4-5-windows and the most current
snapshot will always have the tag 21-4-windows.
The binaries for both cygwin and native MS-Windows are available via
the XEmacs netinstaller which can be found at
This version of the
installer is 126.96.36.199.2.3.
* Brief summary of Changes to 21.4.5 "Civil Service (Windows)"
- Fixed a scrollbar problem when selecting the frame with focus.
- Fixed `mswindows-shell-execute' under cygwin.
- Added a new function `mswindows-cygwin-to-win32-path' for JDE.
- Added support for dialog-based directory selection.
- The installer version has been updated to the 21.5 netinstaller. The
installer now does proper dde file association and adds uninstall
- Handle leak fix from Mike Alexander.
- New release build script.