Re: Small documentation error
On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Byrel Mitchell
>> There's a mistake in an example the the section of the lispref on Menu
>> Accelerators: the text refers to a different accelerator than is actually
>> in the code. Here's a patch!
Thanks for digging this out. I have found the menu system confusing
in the past, so I can appreciate your cleaning up the documentation.
I made a few changes to what you did. I hope you find them to be
Since there already is a top-level "t" menu (Tools), I think it's
probably clearer to bind the top-level menu to "s". This will also
show that accelerators don't have to be initial characters and can be
embedded inside strings.
The accelerator for "Two" is the lowercase, not uppercase, "t", so I
tried to make that clear.
I have attached patches for both 21.4 and 21.5 to address these
thoughts. I will commit them soon unless there is further discussion.
There remains a bug with the accelerator code - even though the
accelerator for "One" is "1", I notice that the initial "O" is
XEmacs-Patches mailing list