Marco Cagol <Marco.Cagol(a)farsystems.it> wrote:
I am a beginner of Xemacs.
My operating system is Microsoft XP.
I want to use some texts in vhdl.
I have downloaded the files:
>from the site
I have copied the files in the directory
XEmacs\xemacs-packages\lisp\vhdl-modes, but it doesn't work.
I have read the manual xemacs-a4.pdf of Xemacs and I have not found anything
of the configuration of the Major Mode.
What do I have to do?
Instead of trying to install packages manually, do the following.
(1) Start up XEmacs. I assume you have a version 21.4 XEmacs. If that
is not true, these instructions will have to be modified slightly.
(2) On the menubar, choose Tools -> Packages -> Set Download Site ->
Official Releases, then browse for a site near you.
(3) On the menubar, choose Tools -> Packages -> List and Install
(4) Find the line corresponding to the vhdl package and press Return to
(5) Press the x key to download and install the package.
If you have any trouble, write back and let us know.
Jerry James, Assistant Professor james(a)xemacs.org
Computer Science Department http://www.cs.usu.edu/~jerry/
Utah State University