OK, so I now have a GTK-compiled XEmacs from CVS. All in all,
excellent work. The startup is fast, and the "look and feel" of both
XEmacs and Gtk is obviously there.
Here are some glitches I noticed:
* Native buttons in Customize buffers don't seem to work:
This may be because of the theme, but all other Gtk and Gnome
applications work; additionally, the buttons in native Gtk dialog
boxes (such as the File->Open box) look OK and in accordance with
* The Edit->Find dialog box has all the problems I described in my
previous message on that topic, and more. Here everything flashes
*continually*, and the buttons are completely invisible. Again, the
latter might be because of the theme...
* When I invoke (gtk-main), the editor becomes catatonic, although GUI
components keep working. Very scary. IMHO C-g should be able to
throw a signal which would, when uncaught, terminate the loop.
* The modeline doesn't draw as "pressed" when I press a mouse button
* Toolbar items don't display tooltips.
Show replies by date