When building xemacs-21.5 I got some unresolved symbols when linking temacs, originating
in lwlib-Xm.c. For example xmComboBoxWidgetClass. It turns out that these are all
dependent on XmVERSION > 1, and if I added
#define XmVERSION 1
to the file (after including headers) the problem went away.
Perhaps this is a brokenness of my system (SunOS 5.8) in that the shared library does not
match the header files. But anyway, perhaps there could be an autoconf test that tries to
compile and link a small program containing
#if defined (LWLIB_WIDGETS_MOTIF) && XmVERSION > 1
foo = xmComboBoxWidgetClass;
and if this fails, assumes that XmVERSION == 1 despite what the system headers may say.
Ed Avis <ed.avis(a)kbcfp.com>
Show replies by date