At Sat, 20 May 2006 16:55:48 +0200,
Michael Sperber wrote:
> To see the bug,
> - xemacs -vanilla
> - in the scratch buffer, execute (gnuserv-start)
> - in a terminal window, give the command gnuclient -nw
> - in the terminal XEmacs window, edit a new file
I'm afraid that doesn't work (i.e. break) for me. Can anyone else
reproduce the problem?
I have recently tried xemacs under much more conservative
-not compiling in support for mule
-only using the default packages installed by the xemacs-packages
port, not in my home directory like I was previously
-moved .xemacs and .emacs to other locations
-used xterm instead of eterm
-tried running xemacs under zsh instead of tcsh (changed login shell
to do this)
and I still have the problem on any recent development version.
Can someone try the following instead of my initial steps to see if
they get the bug?
1) xemacs -vanilla (make sure this is started as an X11 window, not -nw)
2) in the scratch buffer, execute (gnuserv-start)
3) in a terminal window, give the command gnuclient -nw name_of_existing_file
4) then type C-x C-f, followed by C-g
* repeat 4) several times, on my system the horizontal display keeps
* on shrinking with each cancellation of the find-file command, as
well as (most?) other commands.
Otherwise, I have no idea why I can't get rid of this problem, if
anyone has any ideas on what might be my misconfiguration, I would be
very interested to know...
P.S. I was aware of Michael Sperber's fix to window-xemacs.el, but I
was also thinking of this fix to 21.5b24 that states:
2005-11-18 Aidan Kehoe <kehoea(a)parhasard.net>
* window.c (change_window_height): Have change_window_height
change the window width when requested to do so; fixes bugs and
error messages with VM, BBDB.
Shouldn't this fix have also fixed my problem? I'm not sure yet, but
as of right now I think that the problem I'm having is in the C
portion, not the lisp api.
I could be wrong on this, but I would be interested to know if anyone
else can reproduce my problem.
I'm not subscribed to the list right now, so could people please Cc:
me any replies. Thanks.