>>>> Stephen J Turnbull <stephen(a)xemacs.org> writes:
Stephen> I expect the cleanup to be actually done within days (but
Stephen> wait for a post from Mats Lidell who's actually doing most of
Stephen> the work at this point in time).
Well, I think it is done now. I fail to find any more files to
convert, fix, replace or delete anyway.
So what we have at the moment is a repository with the GPLv3 version
that is open to developers only. We need to turn, merge, that into the
trunk open for everyone.
Stephen> When that's done, there will be a "big bang" merge from his
Stephen> workspace, and work on synching the 21.5 core code to GNU
Stephen> Emacs can start.
Would a release of the current 21.5 be appropriate before the merge or
does a simple tag suffice?
And, I feel I have been nagging about this for a while, the
GPLv3-branch really needs some inspection. If you are a developer
please feel free to check out and inspect the branch.
Stephen> I'm preparing for overseas travel next week, and then life
Stephen> will be absolutely insane for about 2 weeks, so I would guess
Stephen> I'll be able to do a GPLv3 release in the first week of
First week of February is approaching rapidly. The exact date of the
release isn't so important but we need to setup a plan. Like whether
there will be a 21.5 release from the current trunk before the merge,
if the GPLv3-branch should be inspected before or after the merge etc,
etc. So we can coordinate our efforts. Please let me know if there is
anything I can do to help you with the release.
XEmacs-Beta mailing list