Mike Kupfer writes:
Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> It's also hard to build up much enthusiasm for losing sleep in order
> to condense about 100kB of ChangeLogs into release notes when AFAIK
> there are no patches in the queue that require a GPLv3 XEmacs before
> they can be applied.
Where are we with respect to GPLv3+ packages? I have a newer version of
Gnus in my queue, which I haven't done anything with because it's
GPLv3+. Can I move forward with it, or do I have to wait for the
license change for the core code?
To the extent that these are *XEmacs* packages, probably you should
wait. OTOH, there already *is* a GPLv3 program that uses the packages
by design (SXEmacs). So it may be OK if you say it's for use with
SXEmacs. Ask the FSF copyright clerk or a lawyer. :-(
XEmacs-Beta mailing list