* XEmacs 21.4.8 "Honest Recruiter (Windows)" is released.
"Economic Science" is the eighth in the OXYMORON series.
XEmacs 21.4.8 "Honest Recruiter (Windows)" is the fourth in a series of
MS-Windows focused releases of XEmacs. The intent of this release
series is to provide source and binary distributions of the XEmacs
21.4.x series with any additional fixes or enhancements necessary to
provide a pleasurable editing experience on the MS-Windows platform.
Source is available via cvs at cvs.xemacs.org
. This release has the
release tag r21-4-8-windows and the most current snapshot will always
have the tag 21-4-windows.
The binaries for both cygwin and native MS-Windows are available via
the XEmacs netinstaller which can be found at
This version of the
installer is 18.104.22.168.2.10.
Brief summary of Changes to 21.4.8:
- Made native registry entries match the installer.
- Fixed mousewheel lockups.
- Frame iconifcation fix from Adrian Aichner.
- Fixed some printing problems.
- Netinstaller updated to support kit revisions.
- Fixed customize popup menus.
- Fixed problems with too many dialog popups.
- Netinstaller fixed to correctly upgrade shortcuts when upgrading
- Fix for virtual window managers from Adrian Aichner.
- Installer registers all C++ file types.
- Short-filename fix from Peter Arius.
- Fix for GC assertions from Adrian Aichner.
- Winclient DDE client from Alastair Houghton.
- Fix event assert from Mike Alexander.
- Warning removal noticed by Ben Wing.
- Redisplay glyph height fix from Ben Wing.
- Printer margin fix from Jonathan Harris.
- Error dialog fix suggested by Thomas Vogler.
- Fixed revert-buffer to not revert in the case that there is
nothing to be done.
- Glyph-baseline fix from Nix.
- Fixed clipping of wide glyphs in non-zero-length extents.
- Windows build fixes.
- Fixed :initial-focus so that it works.
- Fix problems with auto-revert with noconfirm.