reftex needs to be upgraded.
matsl at xemacs.org
Fri Sep 19 03:04:06 EDT 2008
>>>>> Stephen wrote:
Stephen> The latest version is also GPLv3, unless I'm mistaken. We
Stephen> can't distribute it until we relicense.
Stephen> If somebody wants to get working on that, be my guest.
Stephen> Basically we need to put GPLv3-or-later notices in all the
Stephen> files that currently have "standard" GPLv2-or-later notices,
Stephen> and get a list of files that
Stephen> (a) don't have a notice, (b) have GPLv2-only notices, (c) have some
Stephen> other kind of notice, and decide what to do about each type (a), (b),
Stephen> and (c).
I fear there are some questions to sort out before digging into this
- Do we really have to relicense all packages at the same time?
(Which means we can't do a release until they are all fixed in
CVS? Nothing more, nothing less.)
Since the XEmacs packages are distributed together in some sense
the GPLv3 really means it is an all or nothing thing? That each
package in some other sense is a package on its own doesn't matter?
- There is no problem with us relicensing GPLv2 stuff code to GPLv3
because that right is granted by GPLv2. Right?
- Some packages are already GPLv3 upstream. Would syncing as part of
this task be worth while? (I guess it would best to decided this on
a per package basis since some syncs might be very time
More information about the XEmacs-Beta