How to determine what face is associated with a bit of text?
Stephen J. Turnbull
stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Apr 8 00:47:46 EDT 2008
Sean MacLennan writes:
> > http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/Tools/XEmacs/introspector-0.80-pkg.tar.gz
> I just tried this, very nice. Why isn't this a stock package?
0. Until now, nobody's ever tried it even though it's been announced
four times. If nobody wants it, well then! ;-)
That's the main thing. Now that people are showing interest, I have
some incentive to work on the following 5 bugs. (The solution to #2
is probably for me to just get over it, but the others are real bugs.)
1. It really should be merged with or replace what-cursor-position.
This means deciding whether it goes in core, xemacs-base, or
xemacs-devel. Given the use case here, I tend to favor xemacs-base.
2. It's insanely complicated for the amount of functionality it
actually provides. I'm embarrassed!
3. The geometry management is buggy. There's a bunch of ugly cruft
to fine-tune the window origin that I'd really like to get rid of.
4. It's really ugly in 21.4 because 21.4 doesn't have a way to get
rid of all window manager decorations. Presumably in the next
5. Internal formatting has a nasty bug in that it will easy run off
the right edge of the window for long properties. Since it's not
under control of the WM there's no way to deal with this.
More information about the XEmacs-Beta