XEmacs and Slime (a new lisp interaction mode)
adrian at xemacs.org
Sun May 16 03:47:18 EDT 2004
Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:
> sigurd at 12move.de (Karl Pflästerer) writes:
>> some of you may have read of Slime or even tried it out. I did it on
>> the weekend and must say it feels very smooth (better than Ilisp)
>> allthough it is quite new. Unfortunately I don't have the time at the
>> moment to build it as package I think it would be good for XEmacs if
>> someone managed to assemble a Slime package.
> Hi, I'm one of the SLIME guys. I don't know much about the XEmacs
> package system and its policies, but currently we have no "release" of
> SLIME and we encourage users to update from our CVS sources fairly
> frequently (once a month, say). While it's a work in progress we don't
Luke, please point us to the definite place for SLIME development.
What google finds is not guaranteed to be the right place.
> really want people to stick with any one version for a long time.
> Does that mean SLIME is too immature to fit in with XEmacs's
> packaging, or do you have ways of dealing with such projects?
We have a way, unsupported packages.
If you're willing to create an XEmacs SLIME package, it should be
possible to set that up for and give you commit access to that
location on cvs.xemacs.org.
Please send us you ssh1 or ssh2 key, if you would like to do that.
Make sure to read
Following documentation is also available under
Start your SLIME xemacs packaging by reading
and following nodes in the XEmacs lispref, as required.
* Package Overview:: Lisp Libraries and Packages.
* Package Terminology:: Basic stuff.
* Building Packages:: Turn packaged source into a tarball.
* Local.rules File:: Tell the XEmacs Packaging System about your host.
* Creating Packages:: Tell the XEmacs Packaging System about your package.
* The User View::
* The Library Maintainer View::
* The Package Release Engineer View::
The Library Maintainer's View
* Infrastructure:: Global Makefiles and common rules.
* Control Files:: Package-specific Makefiles and administrative files.
* Obtaining:: Obtaining the XEmacs Packaging System and utilities.
* package-info.in:: package-info.in
* Makefile:: `Makefile'
* Makefile Targets::
> In the long run we'd very much like to have SLIME packaged for XEmacs.
mailto:adrian at xemacs.org
More information about the XEmacs-Beta