[Novalug] Talking points / ideas?
igor_birman at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 20:37:08 EDT 2010
Anyone interested in Android development? I have built a few (simple) apps and
can put together a presentation if there is interest..
From: Peter Larsen <plarsen at famlarsen.homelinux.com>
To: NOVALUG <NOVALUG at calypso.tux.org>
Sent: Sat, October 9, 2010 10:35:50 AM
Subject: [Novalug] Talking points / ideas?
Greg asked for ideas for talks. I can talk to any of the bullets below
but I would also enjoy hearing other people's perspectives on them.
* Relational Databases use in Java
* MVC programming paradigm (Java)
* Centralized identity management (LDAP/port389) on linux
* Cobbler / Kickstart system provisioning management
* Yum and Package management
* KVM (Practical Virtualization)
* File system Extended Attributes (there's more than chmod to file
Is there any interest for any of the above subjects? I'm not sure if
programming/software development topics is a hot topic at NovaLug as
much as system administration. My angle would be Java, but if anyone
wants do to the talk based on Python or a different language, it would
be a cool to listen to. Maybe there could even be two talks discussing
the subject from two different language angles?
Wise words of the day:
Is it weird in here, or is it just me?
-- Steven Wright
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Novalug