NOTE: This patch has been committed
# HG changeset patch
# User Aidan Kehoe <kehoea(a)parhasard.net>
# Date 1537135814 -3600
# Sun Sep 16 23:10:14 2018 +0100
# Node ID b6e0eddc51b9cced629afa296a5806555b76458f
# Parent 38fed6d19a1e9e0f286d37dadb86daeada6e4614
Remove alist.el from core.
2018-09-16 Aidan Kehoe <kehoea(a)parhasard.net>
* alist.el: Remove this.
It's indifferent to poor code, nothing uses it in core, and the
file is in APEL already.
diff -r 38fed6d19a1e -r b6e0eddc51b9 lisp/ChangeLog
--- a/lisp/ChangeLog Wed Sep 05 19:30:46 2018 +0100
+++ b/lisp/ChangeLog Sun Sep 16 23:10:14 2018 +0100
＠＠ -1,3 +1,9 ＠＠
+2018-09-16 Aidan Kehoe <kehoea(a)parhasard.net>
+ * alist.el: Remove this.
+ It's indifferent to poor code, nothing uses it in core, and the
+ file is in APEL already.
2018-09-05 Aidan Kehoe <kehoea(a)parhasard.net>
* cl-macs.el (cl-const-expr-p):
diff -r 38fed6d19a1e -r b6e0eddc51b9 lisp/alist.el
--- a/lisp/alist.el Wed Sep 05 19:30:46 2018 +0100
+++ /dev/null Thu Jan 01 00:00:00 1970 +0000
＠＠ -1,114 +0,0 ＠＠
-;;; alist.el --- utility functions about association-list
-;; Copyright (C) 1993,1994,1995,1996,1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
-;; Author: MORIOKA Tomohiko <morioka(a)jaist.ac.jp>
-;; Keywords: alist
-;; This file is part of APEL (A Portable Emacs Library).
-;; XEmacs is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it
-;; under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
-;; Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your
-;; option) any later version.
-;; This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
-;; WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
-;; MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
-;; General Public License for more details.
-;; You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
-;; along with XEmacs. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>
-(defun vassoc (key valist)
- "Search VALIST for a vector whose first element is equal to KEY.
-See also `assoc'."
- ;; by Stig(a)hackvan.com
- (let (el)
- (catch 'done
- (while (setq el (pop valist))
- (and (equal key (aref el 0))
- (throw 'done el))))))
-(defun put-alist (item value alist)
- "Modify ALIST to set VALUE to ITEM.
-If there is a pair whose car is ITEM, replace its cdr by VALUE.
-If there is not such pair, create new pair (ITEM . VALUE) and
-return new alist whose car is the new pair and cdr is ALIST.
-\[tomo's ELIS like function]"
- (let ((pair (assoc item alist)))
- (if pair
- (setcdr pair value)
- (cons (cons item value) alist)
-(defun del-alist (item alist)
- "If there is a pair whose key is ITEM, delete it from ALIST.
-\[tomo's ELIS emulating function]"
- (if (equal item (car (car alist)))
- (cdr alist)
- (let ((pr alist)
- (r (cdr alist))
- (catch 'tag
- (while (not (null r))
- (if (equal item (car (car r)))
- (rplacd pr (cdr r))
- (throw 'tag alist)))
- (setq pr r)
- (setq r (cdr r))
-(defun set-alist (symbol item value)
- "Modify a alist indicated by SYMBOL to set VALUE to ITEM."
- (or (boundp symbol)
- (set symbol nil)
- (set symbol (put-alist item value (symbol-value symbol)))
-(defun remove-alist (symbol item)
- "Remove ITEM from the alist indicated by SYMBOL."
- (and (boundp symbol)
- (set symbol (del-alist item (symbol-value symbol)))
-(defun modify-alist (modifier default)
- "Modify alist DEFAULT into alist MODIFIER."
- (lambda (as)
- (setq default (put-alist (car as)(cdr as) default))))
-(defun set-modified-alist (sym modifier)
- "Modify a value of a symbol SYM into alist MODIFIER.
-The symbol SYM should be alist. If it is not bound,
-its value regard as nil."
- (if (not (boundp sym))
- (set sym nil)
- (set sym (modify-alist modifier (eval sym)))
-;;; ＠ end
-;;; alist.el ends here
‘As I sat looking up at the Guinness ad, I could never figure out /
How your man stayed up on the surfboard after forty pints of stout’